Protect Students and Teachers from Intrusions
With school safety, an issue of critical importance in today’s world, simple and cost-effective solutions to better secure educational buildings are in high demand. We use Solar-Gard’s Armorcoat® Safety & Security Films to help strengthen glass and provide an added layer of protection for teachers, students, and staff.
- Optically clear and virtually undetectable to potential intruders, Armorcoat Safety & Security Films provide an additional layer of protection on glass windows and doors, delaying attempted forced entry and helping to hold shattered glass together in case of impact.
- Tested rigorously through a simulated school intrusion scenario (the video above shows Armorcoat buying 90 seconds of time for evacuation, hiding or lockdown procedure to be put in action), Armorcoat Films have been successfully installed on prominent buildings all over the world, including national landmarks like the U.S. Capitol Building, Library of Congress, J. Edgar Hoover FBI Building and the U.S. Institute of Peace.
The key benefits of Armorcoat include:
- Deters unwanted intruders and impedes their access to school, home or business
- Reduces the likelihood of injury from flying glass
- Easily installed and more cost-effective option when compared to laminated glass
- Product available with solar control properties to enhance indoor comfort and privacy